Sunday, November 25, 2018

My brilliant and glamorous actress mother, Evleena Barrens...

In the late 1940s and early '50s, Mom and Dad had a darkroom in their Chicago penthouse; both of them shot and developed hundreds of photos of their city, their friends, and each other. 

Dad extended the hobby to create little stories from the pictures they took, including this parody of an article (and a print ad for Coca-Cola) in a “fan magazine” he called MoviMag, featuring Mom as a character fashioned from his imagination...






4 comments:

  1. Awww, this is so sweet and so creative! You may not know that you starting a blog before people even really knew what it was got me **thinking** about doing one... I didn't start until 2015 but I've been pretty consistent about keeping it up since then. It's a chance to polish my writing AND write about what **I** want to write about. Thanks for the encouragement, although you may not have even known that you'd given it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *didn't* know...but I'm glad I could (however unwittingly) provide a little inspiration! I started my old Zantales blog in 2003, and posted the last blog in 2010...I blame Facebook for my neglect. I started Zantadora (a play on "cantadora," Spanish for storyteller) in 2012, to post stories I didn't think belonged on Facebook...now, I'm melding the two platforms, when it suits my needs. Please send me the link to your blog, so I can check in!

      Delete
  2. This is great! Really well done! The photos and the text work perfectly!
    P.S. This is Bob. Tell Ebelinge happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...proving Dad wasn't just no guitar player! LOL

      Thanks, Bob, from me AND Ebelinge, who enjoyed your card :)

      Delete